Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 4, 2011

Alec having a birthday snack with friends at school.

He did really good getting his hand prints painted.



Alec was petting the pink "piggy"



Tuesday - Alec is 2! I can't believe how "grown up" my baby boy is - he's so independent! Today I took off work a little early so Alec and I could spend time together. We went to The Painted Pig in LR and made a little plate with his hand prints. Alec also painted a little race car. :) I can't wait to see the results of our work in a few weeks. After painting, we picked up Daddy at work and went to All Aboard for dinner. Alec was amazed by the trains as usual. :) We had a great little day with our little guy.

Here's some things going on with Alec right now:

Alec is out of high chairs and has moved on to the booster seat. I still think we should use the high chair at restaurants but he's physically too big. His feet and legs get stuck in the holes.

Alec weighs around 33 lbs and is around 36 inches tall (estimates). He's wearing a size 8 shoe, 24 month - 2T pants, and 2T-3T shirts. He still wears size 5 diapers.

When Alec sees pumpkins and jack-lanterns he says "More Pumpkin Patch."

He still is  Mr. Independent - he's always saying I'll get it or I'll do it myself. He's also started saying "mine" or "my" toys/milk/books/etc.

He climbs in and out of his car seat by himself and even climbs in and out of my car.

Alec loves puzzles and can now point out a few shapes and say what they are. He counts to 13 and can sing the entire alphabet. He loves to sing a long to songs in the car. He still love Jack Johnson.

Alec loves Thomas the Train, Big Bird (Follow that Bird), and Dora the Explorer. He's always saying Watch Thomas/Dora/Big Bird. We usually watch all of his shows together as a family - it's fun! :)

Meals are still a struggle. Alec's diet mostly consists of organic mini waffles, bananas, milk, cheetos (baked, natural kind), chef boyardee raviolis, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, toast with jelly, chicken nuggets, mandarin oranges, and grapes. He also eats whatever the daycare serves for lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment