Thursday, March 15, 2012

Potty Training

We officially started potty training back in January. I had this bright idea to try potty training in 3 days. I had read about it online and it got pretty good results. So, I decided that MLK weekend would be the weekend! I had a 3 day weekend built in and we could just hang at home. Saturday morning went pretty well, Alec stayed dry all morning and was willing to try out the potty. Things didn't go very well after that the rest of the weekend. Alec started refusing to go potty and threw fits if we tried to force him. I finally gave up Sunday afternoon. I just decided we'd try again later. We went out on Monday and had fun at Wonderplace. 

Alec is officially in pull-ups now. I really didn't want to go there but they are really more convenient when potty training. Alec can pull them up and down himself without having to lay completely down to change a diaper. He does really well at daycare and can keep dry most of the time. He's went all day without wetting his diaper several times. Weekends and time at home is a different story. 

Alec has only went a couple of times in a public bathroom. That's another experience, you really start to notice how gross bathrooms can be and how toddlers touch everything. Thankfully, there's covers and travel potties for germaphobes like me!

I have to admit, I didn't really want to rush potty training. As a working parents, it's really hard to get ourselves around in the morning and then wait on Alec to go potty. He's not at the point that he asks to go every time he needs to.  We have to remind him and there are times he's just not interested. When you've never dealt with something like this before, it's really hard to remember. I know eventually we'll get there and all of this will be a distant memory. That's one reason why I'm writing this all down. :)



Alec's bear also goes potty.

A perfect day at school - yay!
The bathroom at Alec's school - the kids all go together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment