Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011



Thursday - Happy Bastille Day and Happy Birthday to my Dad!

These pics are of Alec before bed, he was kind of fussy tonight. I think our first full week back is catching up with all of us. Looking forward to the weekend! Friday here we come! :)

On another note, today I had to step outside my comfort zone with Alec's teacher at school. He moved into a new class in June and I had noticed that she called him Alex and not Alec. Some of his art work had even the incorrect spelling. I realize this is an honest mistake and when we were choosing Alec's name I knew it would be a problem (not really a biggie). However, Alec is a little sponge and is learning new things everyday, so of course he started calling himself Alex. So, I knew at that point I was going to have to say something. I originally asked the toddler coordinator to try to fix the issue, but it didn't work out. So yesterday, I finally corrected her and explained the problem when I picked him up. Hopefully, it will get better and Alec won't be confused. To help, Eric and I have really started making sure we over pronouce the "C" and say his name more often. I think he's straightened out now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment