Thursday, July 7, 2011

June 30, 2011

Leaving the house to go for my morning run.
Off to school, Alec eats breakfast in the car.

We made it to school!

Heading to Class!

Drop-off in his classroom.

I usually take the stairs.

Where I spend 40 hours a week.

Lunch.

Best part of our day, we head home!

Traffic.

Alec and Daddy at our last swim lesson.

Fun time after swim lessons.

Dinner.

Cheese Dip - Healthy!

Alec's favorite bear.

Playtime before bed.


Giving Boots a hug.

Heading to bed.

Alec putting his bears to bed.

Bath time.

Storytime.


Time for bed.




Thursday- Our day in IPhone pictures (27 to be exact!):


5:40 - Wake up and get workout clothes on, I usually hit snooze once. Coffee and Luna bar (I'm addicted, love the caramel nut brownie)
6:15 - Head out for my morning run
6:45 - Back from run, wake Eric up and get in the shower
7:00 - 8:00 - While I'm getting ready, Eric gets around and around 7:30 wakes Alec up and gets him ready, I pack up lunches and load the car. We head out around 8:00
8:00-8:15 - Morning drive - love lighter traffic in the summer (sometimes this takes 30 minutes)
8:15 - 8:20 - Drop Alec off at school, get him settled and get hugs and kisses :)
8:20 - 8:25 - Drive to work and get settled at my desk
8:30 - 12:30 - Work! - feel like I am just playing catch up right now since we are short staffed.
12:30 - 2:00 - Ate lunch of leftovers at my desk while I worked then ran some errands (errands =shopping, sounds better if I say errands!)
2:00 - 5:30 - Work! (worked extra 30 minutes because my errands took longer than I thought!) - tried to get some things off my to-do list but the website I was trying to work from was down for maintenance.
5:35 -5:45 - Pick Alec up at school
5:45 - 6:00 - Drive home
6:00 - 6:15 - Get ready for last night of swimming lessons - Eric got Alec dressed while I changed and then I slathered Alec in sunscreen (does not like)
6:15 - 6:30 - Drive to lessons
6:30 - 7:15 - Swim Lessons
7:15 - 7:45 - Drive to get some take out (Mexico Chiquito) and then head home
7:45 - 8:30 - Dinner - Alec takes forever to eat!
8:30 - 8:45 - Bath time/Clean up the Kitchen - Eric and I rotate this, tonight I gave Alec a bath and Eric cleaned up (washed dishes, scooped cat litter, and took out the trash)
8:45 - 9:00 - Snuggle time and reading
9:00 - Alec goes to sleep
9:00 - 9:45 - I pick up around the house, fold laundry, get ready for the next day, etc. (sometimes this takes longer) - Eric blogged about his arcade project
9:45 - 10:40 - Eric and I watched a t.v.show - Parenthood (we are a season behind) - I also ironed a pair of pants for work on Friday
10:40 - 11 - Get ready for bed
11:00 - Sleep!
Today was a pretty crazy day - with working late and swimming lessons. Usually, we are home by 5:30 (Alec and I watch Dora) and we have some chill time before we start dinner. We do dinner from 6-7 and then play time (outside, go for walk, color)  from 7-8 and then start getting Alec down for the night. I like to be in bed no later than 10:30 (would love 10 but that just isn't happening anymore on a regular basis). I'd much rather go to work earlier and get home earlier but this works much better for now so I can workout in the morning and Alec can get extra sleep and not be at school for an extra hour.
I've seen this on other blogs and thought it's kind of a cool idea to be able to look back in a few years and see just how we spent a typical day in the early years of Alec's life. I will probably do one day/week each year from now on just so I can compare, I also may do a weekend day soon - our days are a lot different on the weekend. I wish I had one from last year just to see the comparison. It would also be cool to see the difference between now and pre-Alec. I know I spent a lot more time on the couch and watching t.v. - ha! I don't miss it most days, but I am glad I had so long to get it out of my system! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment