Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 2, 2011



Wednesday - Alec woke up with a major runny nose and his eyes were all congested - he was a little cranky too. The top picture is after I cleaned his nose and eyes and he was snuggling Daddy for comfort. Poor little guy! Good news though, I took him to the doctor later that afternoon and he was just recovering from a cold and not an ear infection or something worse.

With the afternoons being so nice, Alec and I go for 20 minute walks in the afternoon before Eric gets home. I just let him explore everything. He picks up leaves and checks out sticks and rocks. I just have to constantly tell him to stay on the side walk. He loves the outside. As we are walking, I've started pointing out trees and other things in nature. He now says "tree!" and points to the trees whenever we pass by one. Again, it something simple and ordinary but it's just amazing to me how we learn and develop. Watching Alec grow and learn has really been eye-opening to me.

On another note, toddler tantrums are in full affect. If I grab Alec's hand to guide him or to pull him back, he now throws a fit! He'll drop his weight and lay flat on his back no matter where we are at (cold ground, store, etc). He also squeals like a little pig. I have a feeling this is only the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment