Monday, December 12, 2011

December 1, 2011

Alec had to give the trim a bump after he saw Dad do the same thing.


Alec's Christmas PJs


Thursday - I can't believe it's December! Last year I started a Christmas "bucket" list. Eric told me it sounded morbid so now the official name is the Countdown to Christmas list (I still call it my Christmas Bucket List). Basically, our lives are so busy, if I don't make a few plans upfront, the holiday season is over. I'm a list-maker so I this actually is fun to me and helps me enjoy the season. So, here's this year's list, it's modified from last year:

The Wyles Family Countdown to Christmas (in no specific order, marked Done if we've completed it):

1. JL Holiday House Children's Event - Done
2. Santa Pictures - Done
3. Salvation Army Angel Tree - Pick out  2 Angels and purchase gifts - Done
4. Send out Christmas Cards - Done
5. Watch Christmas Vacation
6. Watch Christmas Prep and Landing (TV Show)
7. Watch Love Actually - Done while decorating for Christmas
8. Paint Ornament at the Painted Pig - Done
9. Neighborhood Christmas Light Tour
10. Garvan Woodland Gardens with Grandma - Done
11. Watch Elf - Done
12. Watch Charlie Brown Christmas - Done
13. Iva Nell's Christmas Party
14. Make Christmas Cookies and Candy
15. Sherwood Forest Enchanted Forest Lights
16. Watch Serendipity
17. Make a Gingerbread House
18. Watch Home Alone
19. Watch Frosty the Snowman
20. Watch Rudolph
21. Visit the Capitol and take pictures of the decorations

There's a lot of movies on this list. We may have a hard time watching any of these this year because Alec is in that mode where he wants to watch the same thing again and again. I think we've watched Charlie Brown Christmas at least 5 times already (a favorite, so it works). I think as Alec gets older this list will grow and change. I would love to add some community service we can do as a family and things like ice skating (not sure that will ever happen!) or the LR Christmas Parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment