Monday, December 12, 2011

December 2, 2011




Friday - In my first year with JLLR, one my "projects" is to be on the committee for the Holiday House Children's Event. The event is for kids and raises money for JL projects in Little Rock. We've been meeting since August to plan the event and this week it finally happened. I was on a fairly easy committee (at least for upfront work). I called local businesses and asked for donations for goody bags to hand out to the kids as they left. We ended with some great stuff in the bags - the community really supports the JL and it makes me feel good about where we live.

Tonight, was the set-up meeting. We stuffed goody bags, decorated, and cleaned. The ballroom turned out great and was very festive. These are a few pictures of the decorations. I wish I would have taken a picture of the goody bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment