Sunday, December 11, 2011

November 26, 2011

Silly Alec with his green bean straw

Thanksgiving dinner at home

Saturday - Today we hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for 8 at our house. Our guests included my immediate family and Eric's Mom.  I planned and prepped most the week, I've really been trying to enjoy cooking more lately.  I tried some new recipes and found some keepers. I did get a little overwhelmed and completely forgot to make the carrots. We had a great time and Alec, as usual, was great entertainment.

Here's the menu:

Starters:
Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Chips
Cucumber Dip with Veggie Dippers

Main Course:
Turkey and Gravy (Turkey from Burge's in Little Rock - Awesome!)
Dressing
Soul Sweet Potatoes (these are awesome, a new favorite!)
Green Bean Bundles
Mashed Potatoes
Whiskey Glazed Carrots
Oriental Coleslaw
Crescent Rolls

Desserts:
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Caramel Apple Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment